roses

roses

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

baieti suge

Sooo...I had to write about women's rights in my media 10 class today, which really inspired me to write about women's rights on my blog...now. But in all seriousness, I'm kind of tuckered out, so I promise not give you paragraph after paragraph of feminist jargon. Instead I'll post some pics (yes, pictures, for the hard of reading!) and inspirational quotes and reading material.

I just realized how sexist Cosmo can be. Which is hard for some people to understand, but if you look at the headlines and read the articles inside (and I have) you will see that women are rarely portrayed as anything but bimbos who need to buy these shoes and have infections. They are selling "sex secrets" by stating that we need to please our men in bed. Not the other way around. They are trying to make us submissive and stupid, and they are succeeding,










A child's t-shirt, that promotes no real brain power. Way to go mom!
Take a look at some of these article titles, and see if they bear any resemblance to advertisements from the 1950's and 60's.




















This is particularly disgusting. The portrayal of a young girl as a sex object. This "lolita effect" is still prevalent today.




Along with some ads from this year...













the difference in how they sell a shirt to a man and a shirt to a woman.

Just some food for thought. More on the subject later, cause like previously stated I'm pooped. But check Missrepresentation.org for some great articles and images. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment