roses

roses

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sunday Spotlight: Dolores del Rio

I'd like to start this weekly segment where every Sunday I shine the spotlight on someone I think is worthy. For this Sunday's edition I am presenting you: Dolores del Rio. 

Dolores del Rio, originally, Maria de los Dolores Asunsolo Lopez-Negrete, was a Mexican born film star from the 1920's to the 1950's, respectively. She starred in both silent and "talkie" films and was even a beauty influence for Joan Crawford. Dolores starred in films such as "Joanna", "Resurrection", "Ramona", Flying down to Rio" as well as various television shows. 
The links to both her bio and full filmography are here and here
I love her so much and even included a little scene from Flying down to Rio, just so you could get a glimpse.
Unfortunately, non of her work is on Netflix. 

I just love her style and find her to be a huge influence. I hope you enjoy!!
-R. 





















Yes, she is with Frida Kahlo, I just about DIED when I found this photo








































The shadows in the photo just make it that much more beautiful





I just bought three vintage Spanish Flamenco Dancer hair combs, like this one only smaller, and recently found a large one like this at an antique store...contemplating buying...



No comments:

Post a Comment