roses

roses

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Tis sezonului

So, Halloween is over (boo!) and now what lies ahead of us is Thanksgiving and Christmas. Frankly, I'm as sad this year as I was last year. Christmas and consumerism go hand in hand and it makes me sick. At Pier 1, we've had Christmas regalia since the beginning of October. This is naturally necessary but tremendously sad. Anyways, the only things on my mind are: shopping, baking and more shopping. And of course family and love and blah blah blah. This year I'm going to my brother's house in Apple Valley for Thanksgiving and I'm bringing pies. Vegetarian pot pies and some cool twists on pumpkin pies. I found some really great recipes and since there are so many I'm not going to put a link. If your curious just Google pumpkin pie recipes and vegan pot pie. Another thing on my mind is what to wear. I've been wanting to sport a long tulle skirt and crop sweater for the holidays for two years now (yes, I'm an outfit planner/procrastinator) I recently saw a girl at my school though, wearing an adorable velvet crop top and decided that that was more appropriate, considering this God awful weather.I also adore the sequin maxi skirt on A Pair and a Spare DIY. So here's my inspiration:










Something long and not too poufy would be ideal. I want a maxi skirt, not a tutu.

Finding exactly what I had in my mind was hard. It would be a simple velvet bustier in a burgundy shade.







I saw this on Asos.com and thought it equally gorgeous. A velvet maxi skirt and simple silk tank.

Some more inspiration:
Love a printed blazer.

I'm loving Mandy Moore's bedhead hair and can't stop obsessing about that sequin romper!
 The following gorgeousness is all A Pair and a Spare DIY
To die for.

I'm really looking forward to spending time with my nieces and mom and brother. I haven't seen any of them in months. I'm also super excited to show off my sewing skills, I don't know if I mentioned, but my holidays outfits are all going to made my yours truly, that is, if my financial aid comes in time and I'm not totally broke. I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment