roses

roses

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The inevitable:

 

 Holiday Outfit.
Yes folks it's that time of year again. I am so happy to share some great ideas to make you Thanksgiving more bearable: Free People.
Free People just did a holiday lookbook for most coveted items this holiday season. I'll share my favorite here.
Personally, I always want to look fabulous for family/friend holiday gatherings, but I also (more importantly)  want to be comfortable.Free People offers some awesome items that do double-duty: not only are they impeccably chic, but also really comfortable items that you can lounge in after you've eaten too much turkey, or for me mashed potatoes and meat-free lasagna (my new holiday standard). The key to an ultra-luxe looking outfit, without the uncomfortably factor is: FABRIC. You want soft supple fabrics like silk, satin, velvet and cotton, done up in great pieces that offer interesting beading, cutouts lace details and glitz. Below are only a few items from their Longest Night lookbook.


Find all these styles and more here

This amazing dress is perfect, my grandmother would love the long sleeves and I love the sexy slit in the front, which of course would pair beautifully with a lace cami (in a sexy nude shade). I'd pair it with  simple ruby colored satin heels, or basic flats (chucks look good with everything btw)


This dress is  little sexy, but worn with opaque black tights, a leather jacket and some high top sneakers, it transcends easily into something simple and classic. 

New Favorite: This velvet wrap skirt is absolutely gorgeous. Perfect with a long sleeve tee and boots (as pictured) or with heels and a cami, or chucks and loose white tee. If it's colder some bold lace tights or simple opaque will keep you cozy, and this simple piece will carry you right into spring!

A jumpsuit is  go to for holiday functions: like a dress it's easy to just throw on; but is more impact-ful and super fun to accessorize.  I like this lace number with glitzy heels or booties. It screams "fun elegance".


This sequin cardigan is a great piece for special occasions; you can throw it on top of anything and instantly look Stevie Nicks cool. I would wear it with something similar to what's pictured here: ripped jeans in a deep indigo; loos tee is soft neutral color and some booties or even better. polished loafers.

This velvet coat is a revelation:  I adore this outfit just the way it is (those are blue velvet jeans <3) It wouldn't work well here in Cali, but it's that perfect piece that's dramatic yet you can totally fall asleep in it.

The Ultimate Cool Girl Patti Smith Outfit: Bedazzled sweat-shorts; black chucks; striped top; fuzzy jacket.  It's basically dressed up Pajamas. File under: Brunch outfit?

This Velvet dress is too fucking Dreamy. I'd pair mine with a Denim jacket and some Doc oxfords for a totally 90's grunge vibe, and then later just pass out in it.






Another Patti smith Cool Girl option: Straight off the cover of "Horses". This outfit could also be your go-to for New Years.
See Below For More Patti Smith Coolness:

This Embroidered Velvet Coat is an absolute must. The outfit itself is relaxed and simple, like an everyday Tuxedo, and exudes Chic Simplicity.

Perfection Captured.








This Romper is a Favorite. Paired here with the Sequin Cardigan, it's absolutely gorgeous, and well worth the money: This will become your go-to for just about everything.  I love the way they style it here and would not change a thing.






not really sure why but this lace dress reminds me of  lace dresses from Christmas' past (observe photos below) but with a sexy twist i.e. it's actually wearable.  I'd pair mine with low heels and a leather jacket for edginess. Fun Fact: This dress also comes in Berry.




These Velvet Tops are perfect for everything: The thing about velvet is that it looks ultra luxurious and it's so rich in texture and color that people immediately think "dress up" when they see it. I actually sleep in velvet so this top is one of those "roll out of bed and just GO" pieces. Pair it with ripped jeans, skater skirts with tights, leather leggings or a maxi skirt. It goes with EVERYTHING. And the colors are to die for.







Every girl needs a great pair of trousers (and THOSE booties omg) pair it with a fluffy sweater and it's reads as comfy et still "dressed up"

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE THING LIKE EVER: The Velvet Jumpsuit. I love the booties and hat here, but I'd wear mine with a loafers and a blazer: be warned I would probably wear this with VELVET loafers and a VELVET blazer, and maybe for some that's way too much velvet, but for me there is no such thing. Also, this doubles as a pajama (in my world anyway)



This dress is great for Holidays. It has a little bit of glitz, but with sleeves it'll keep you cozy and comes in some amaze color options. Pair with black tights and cute kitten heels in a contrasting shade: Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby (think gem tones to up the luxe factor)





Matchy Matchy was never really my thing, until I discovered what I call a "Two Piece" Super hot this year, pairing a top that matches your bottom. done in this soft creme lace, the blazer adds "grown-up" cool and sophistication.

Because this outfit looks like a Tim Burton Experience it gets an A+ from me. It's kind of creepy, kind of retro 60's beatnik, but 100% eye catching. 

This Fringe skirt is lovely. The fringing is two toned and super eye catching; if you have nieces it'll keep them entertained while you Google :"how to talk to children" or maybe that's just me.  I love it here with a long sleeve crop top and booties. Or try it with the velvet tops above tucked in to up the ante.



















No comments:

Post a Comment