roses

roses

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

wes

Last night, I had the pleasure of watching, for the first time, The Grand Budapest Hotel, written and directed by the infamous Wes Anderson. I've been a fan of Wes' since I saw The Darjeeling Limited. I've been keeping tabs on his work every since. I don't want a review, per-say, of The Grand Budapest Hotel, but I will tell you what I thought of it. I loved it. Which  is hard to do on a Tuesday night, when the theater is filled with no one under the age of 65, the place wreaking of old lady perfume, and too much of it, and if you happen to be sitting next to the deaf guy who needs his friend to repeat every other line to him, or if you sit in front of the lady who thinks EVERYTHING is funny, and therefore must be laughed at. The score was good, the visuals and cinematography, as usual, were superb. And the script, which I'm sure would be an interesting read, was phenomenal. It's an instant Anderson classic. So today while scrolling through Facebook, I noticed Nylon Mag offering %15 off of the Blue Bill Tee!!, link here .So I thought, why not do a little recap of some Wes Favorites?! Starting with some bad-ass tattoos. I've been meaning to get a Steve Zissou tattoo for a while now. I've never been one to pick favorites, but The Darjeeling Limited would have to be favorite of all the Anderson films. And of course, I didn't include all of his films in this post, just my favs.








































































































No comments:

Post a Comment