roses

roses

Monday, March 3, 2014

I don't have a choice about this one...

Yes. This post is about the Oscars. Surprise, surprise. I did not watch last night, because I had work from 7p.m. to midnight, but I've kind of recapped on the fashion. Truth be told I couldn't care less about any type of awards. Art, true art, is not created for awards. But I loved the fashion so here it, the most talked about looks, and my favorites. Let me know if there are any I missed. Enjoy. -R.
This icy blue is so beautiful against Lupita Nyongo's skin.

I liked the little details on Amy's dress, but found the whole look rather lackluster, which surprised me. I thought she was going to really wow at the Oscars.

Anna Kendrick's gown is very youthful and fun and sexy. I also think she's in the perfect age group to pull it off, this dress is not for an older woman.

I'm so sad about Anne's look. It's gorgeous but also rather dull. I think she held back on purpose though, so that the nominees could shine all the more. Love you Anne!!

Cate is divine. Enough said.

One of my favorites. It's sexy and sophisticated and truly elegant. Would expect nothing less from Charlize.

I love Emma's choice, mostly because she looks comfortable, which is really important to her. I also love her dark nails super shiny clutch. I think her hair had good intentions but ultimately looks sloppy.


I love Angelina's choice for sleeves. A lot of her gowns have a very elegant 1940's vibe and this one is super sexy with the sheer panel on the chest and arms. She looks divine.

At first glance this dress seems boring, but it's actually quite daring. I love it on Glen because she looks comfy and kind of bad-ass

Idina opted for simple elegant drama, if that makes sense, basically no embellishments and strong use of color. I love it, I just wished she had more with her hair like a wavy kind of Grecian up-do or at least some curl.

Love the hair and tie.

Garner's hair is super glowy gold! I love it. And I love that shes wearing platforms, though I'm sure it was more practical than a fashion statement.

Again one of my favorites, it's simple yet goth-y and very hip. Julia shines in anything.

This one I love, despite the white satin. It's a little too bridal for me, but overall gorgeous on Kate.

I love her sparkly shoe and dark lip, both were a good choice for such a bold color and especially with satin. One of my favorites. 

Despite the fact that I don't really like this look I included it. The dress looks too plain for her, she kind of looks like the Chrysler building

I love the color of her gown. Very soft yet modern.

Olivia chose to go more sleek than pretty for her baby-bump and I love it. She looks very Audrey Hepburn.

I'm not a fan of this dress. But I included Penelope because I recently saw "Twice Born" with her and Emile Hirsche and needed to recommend it to you guys. Amazing.

I like this, it has vintage flair.

Sandra was my all-time favorite. She looks amazing her make-up is perfect and so is her hair. She chose a classic look in a great hue for her skin. The Best, in my opinion.

Another vintage inspired piece, I love this!!

I'm not a huge fan of Jessica Biel, I don't really like the dress all that much, but I do love her hair and shoes!!

One word: Amaze-Balls!

I love Kristen's dress, but thought her make-up and hair kind of boring.


Margot Robbie looks fantastic, from her dark lip to her wavy hair and beaded back bow. Love it!! one of y favs.


Naomi looks phenomenal. 1) because her clutch is too die for and 2) because she looks comfy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment